CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Yum, Dinner!

For his 30th birthday (yes you read that correctly!) Travis wanted to go deep-sea fishing. He loves to fish and since I don't really share that passion I suggested that he ask his dad to go along. So, on his birthday he woke up at 3:30 in the morning, drove to the bay, bundled up against the cold and fog, and spent all day fishing miles out in the middle of the ocean. Now that sounds like a great birthday to me...


He had a blast though and was estatic that he actually caught some fish unlike most of his recent fishing (or sitting and waiting all day and night) attempts. Though the limit was ten per person, they caught about thirty or forty fish between the two of them and shared the extras with guys "fishing" next to them who spent the entire time hanging over the edge of the rolling boat. Luckily, the deckhands filleted the fish before they left the boat...

If not for the cold, the early morning, the fish smell, and the possible vomiting, I would have gone for these views, and for my wonderful husband of course!


Happy birthday, Travis!

1 comments:

It's Dangerous to Pick a Nurses Brain said...

HAPPY 30TH TRAVIS!!! Now you're really old. Hope you had fun, although, I'm with Bethany...I'm not so sure about the fishing thing (it'd be the 3:30 part that would get me).