CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I really do have a reason!

I know, I know, it’s been over two months since I’ve posted anything, and I’m sure that nobody even checks for updates anymore, but I swear I have a good excuse…

Yes, that little blob is what you think it is! #2 is on his or her way. I was seven weeks at the time of that ultrasound, and at this point our little lemon (earlier, the baby’s size was compared to different types of beans, but now we’re finally into the fruits, veggies, and other assorted food items…) is 14 weeks along. I am due August 3rd, a mere 6 months away! Exhaustion and nausea have put blogging on the back burner; I have been existing in bare-minimum mode for a couple of months now. All my extra energy has gone into work, minimal cleaning, laundry, and trying to get something, anything made for dinner. I’ve learned that there’s definitely no comparing pregnancy #1 with pregnancy #2 – with Savannah, I was very predictably nauseous every evening until the day I hit 12 weeks, but this time it’s anything but predictable. I may be sick in the morning, though it’s mostly been in the evening, or I may be sick all day or not at all. I will spare you the glorious details, but let’s just say that I never threw up with Savannah, and that’s been a little different this time around too… And, at 14 weeks, not much has changed. I just keep telling myself that this won’t last forever (and I’m praying that that’s really true!). So, am I forgiven for not blogging? I can share some puking stories if I need to to make my case. We’ve done a lot over the last 2 months, so I’ll do my best to update you with pictures and minimal captions, which I’m sure is what you care most about anyway! This will the the first of several “update” posts until I get all caught up. So just beware, you’re going to be getting a little Christmas in February!
Anyway, here we go...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaay! FINALLY you posted! I check EVERY day to see if you blog...I never get to see you guys or Savannah so this is the only way I am updated. There seem to be a lot of food in your lives lately...beans, peanuts, fruits, two potatoes and a lemon....

Miss you guys
See you this weekend!

Antie Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm glad you're doing alright. I was getting a little worried when I didn't see any blogs. haha. I'm keeping you and the baby in prayer. Your baby is due on my Dad's birthday, which is the same day that I was due, but I ended up coming premature on June 5 because my mom was in a car accident. I was 3 lbs 11 oz.

It's Dangerous to Pick a Nurses Brain said...

Your friend Bill has the same birthday as Rob! Well, I also am glad you're back! I love reading your posts, and I was always checking to see if you had any new ones. We'll keep praying for healthy days ahead for you and baby.