CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The ants go marching one by one...

or in our case, fifty by fifty!

Our annual winter visitors are here, but this year they decided to bring the whole colony and apparently our living room happens to be in their way. Instead of going around it on their trip to who-knows-where, they have decided to march a path right through it. I have swept, scrubbed, and searched for every hidden Cheerio and drop of spilled juice and have found nothing! They are coming in from under the baseboard at one end of the room, crossing over to the the area rug and following the edge all the way around to the other side where they cut across to the baseboard at the other end of the room and then disappear under it. It's quite a trek!

I kill them all at least three times a day, have sprayed poison and put stakes outside and even put poison out inside when we're not home and yet, they still march on. Savannah has made friends with them all and is at this moment trying to kiss them on the computer screen. I've taught her how to say "Die ants!" but I don't think she really understands what that means.


I might be able to just give up and accept their presence if not for the fact that I keep feeling like they're crawling on me - and sometimes they are! YUCK! Any tips on getting rid of unwelcome house guests of the insect kind?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you didn't have a toddler running around, I'd suggest getting that poison stuff you put out....but I'd be worried about Savannah eating it since she likes to eat odd things.

The Runner Bunch said...

I laughed out loud at the "die ants" comment! I hate when we have Ants!! Micah got some pest killer stuff at Costo awhile ago and it completely worked. They went away immediately and did not come back.

Carly said...

yes "die ants!" is hilarious!! i hate ants... but sadly i have no great solution to help you. good luck...