Monday, July 27, 2009

Hello! I'm Back!

Yes, it's been over two months since I've blogged, but did you happen to notice the nice little ticker up there at the top under the header? I haven't taken a break from posting because I have a newborn (trust me, as of today we're still waiting on that...) but because I've been finishing his room and trying to get all of my other projects done before I have to care for a toddler and a newborn every day on only a couple hours of sleep. And now I'm trying to check this off my "To Do" list - catching up on all the pics I've been meaning to post so I'm all ready to start posting adorable baby shots. So the next few posts, unless I miraculously go into labor really soon, are going to be a fly-by, chronological look at our lives over the past couple months starting with...

"Camping" at Ice House Reservoir

For Memorial Day weekend, Travis made plans with his family to go camping and didn't really discuss it with me beforehand. While I grew up going camping all the time and the two of us have gone together several times, we've yet to camp with Savannah and more importantly, camping is not really fun when you're 8 months pregnant. (I know this first-hand -- we went to our church family camp for three days when I was almost 8 months preggo with Savannah.) So, we compromised. We still went up, but instead of sleeping in a tent, we rented a room at the Ice House Reservoir Motel. The expensive tiny room had a funny smell and literally only had a bed, desk, chair, end table, and bare light bulb hanging from the ceiling, but it also had a heater, a flush toilet and a shower. It seemed like a setting out of a horror movie, but it was better than sleeping (or not sleeping) on an air mattress when you already feel like a beached whale!

We spent Friday afternoon out by the lake and Travis parents, aunt, sister and her boyfriend arrived around dinner with their truck, fifth-wheel trailer, small boat, and jet ski. It was quite a set-up with almost all the luxuries of home!

Savannah had a blast - thankfully I brought her many changes of clothes ...

The weather was perfect - sunny and warm for the lake during the day and cooler for the campfire at night.

Here's our little beach babe...

Travis was excited to do some fishing,

and was even more excited that he actually caught something!

Amazingly, Savannah's favorite part of the trip was going out on the jet ski with daddy. I was a little freaked out by it, especially when they started picking up speed - I was convinced that she was terrified but was just frozen with fear (and the wind in her face!) and couldn't make a sound.

We could all tell though by the HUGE smile on her face as they pulled back into shore that she was having the greatest time!

All she could talk about afterwards was how they went fast and went bounce, bounce, bounce [over the waves]. And she still talks about it every time we see a jet ski being towed down the road.

We had a great time and will definitely go again (when Gavin gets older...I don't think I can handle and toddler and a baby in the dirt!)

I think Savannah only took one nap in three days; she was so dead tired that she actually fell asleep in her car seat (which hasn't happened for well over a year) about 5 minutes after leaving there at about 5:30 in the evening. And she went right back to sleep in her bed when we got home!